Each private medical insurance company operate different method regarding procedures and payment. It is very important that you check your personal policy details prior to making any Mirfield Pro Therapy appointment.
When using personal private medical insurance please ensure to:
- Contact your private medical insurance company and check that you are covered for physiotherapy treatment and condition you have and how many appointments are available under your policy type.
- Obtain the necessary claim forms and/or authorisation code(s).
- Enquire with your private medical insurance company as some require a GP referral – if needed, attend an appointment with your GP explaining your symptoms/condition. A written letter of referral for physiotherapy treatment will be provided.
- Make sure to mention your private medical insurance when making a physiotherapy appointment and provide your physiotherapists at inital contact with any authorisation code(s) associated with your claim if appropriate.
- Mirfield Pro Therapy will invoice your private medical insurance company directly following your appointments in the majority of cases.
- You may be liable for any excess on your private medical insurance policy – this means you may need to cover inital physiotherapy fees prior to your private medical insurance covering any remaining physiotherapy appointments.